Thursday, February 26, 2009

Assignment 1: work on illustrator

I create a new document in Adobe Illustrator. I choose to use A4 size.
Then, I open the picture contains my sketch. On the other hand, I have downloaded the Starbucks logo and I open it as well.


The first step is I create a layer, name it circle. Click the elipse tool (L) and start to draw a circle. Click shift as well while drawing a circle to make sure the circle is round. I change the opacity of my sketch to about 45%.

Select the circle and click ctrl+c and the click ctrl+v, this step is to make a new circle.
Continue this step to obtain 5 circle.

Select the circle and right click on the mouse, choose transform>scale. Change the percentage of the circle to make a smaller size. I have chose 97%, 95%,67% and 65%.

I colour my circle by clicking eyedropper tool (T) to get the same colour from the Starbucks logo.



After that, I create another layer, name it icon. By using pen tool (P), I start to trace around the picture.


The next step after tracing the picture, I colour them with black.


This is my result of making a logo. Words will be added in.

This is a trial in making a logo. Hopefully my latest work in redesigning a logo will be better than this.

No comments:

Post a Comment