Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Assignment 2-Part 1

For the second assignment, we need to design a calender based on a festival season. I chose to design a calender for Independence Day of Malaysia, falls on 31st of August.

Inspiration:
For my calender, I would like to create a happy, joyful theme. Nowadays, the political issues and crimes could be something that citizens of Malaysia are worried about. I come out with this theme is to give a message that we should overcome those problems together, in order to live in peace and harmony. Thus, my slogan for the calender is " SMILE, MALAYSIA".

Execution:
For my first sketch on paper, I draw 3 kids represents 3 major races in Malaysia. I colour the background with some light colours, to show energy of Malaysia.

Sketch:

No comments:

Post a Comment