Monday, February 16, 2009

Assignment 1: Logo

Based on the logos given, I have picked some and did some research according to the background and the design of the logos.

The first logo that I choose is Shell.

The founder of Shell is Marcus Samuel, an import businessman who sells seashells to London collectors. So, the company remains the Shell logo which is a representative for the company.

My first task- I will design a new logo for shell. I wont change the idea of using seashells, but I will experiment with different shapes. Besides that, I will choose other colours to replace yellow and red. Since yellow and red are the colours relate to the flag of Spain, I will replace them by using yellow, blue, red and white- related to the flag of Malaysia.

Secondly, I have found some logos about the Starbucks Coffee.




Based on the Starbucks Coffee logos, their colours are white, black and green. So, to redesign the logo, I will remain the colours of the logo, but I will make some changes to the icon in the middle of the logo. I will choose some icons that can represent Malaysia, for example KLCC or Tunku Abdul Rahman. These icons can be recognized easily by the Malaysians. Once they think of Tunku Abdul Rahman, they will think of Starbucks as well.

The third logo that I consider to redesign is Chevron.


From the logo, we can find that the logo consists of 2 colours and the arrows pointing downwards. For me, I will choose to add more stripes or change the shape of the logo, maybe experiment with other colours so that the logo will look better adn easy to draw others attention as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment